Every few weeks, we ask women we love — be it our talented knitters or our muses — a set of 15 random questions, giving you an opportunity to know them a little better.
This week, it's Marina's turn — which is very special to us. She was the very first knitter we ever hired and has been with us from day one. Today no knit goes out through the door before being checked and approved by this lady first.
Lives in: Prienu region, Lithuania
Occupation: Head Knitter @ The Knotty Ones
1. Marina, what's the best compliment you've ever received?
"You are gold."
2. What was the happiest moment of your life?
The births of my children.
3. What are you most proud of achieving in your life?
The fact that knits I made are worn by women all around the world.
4. What's the bravest thing you've ever done?
I'm still planning to... I really want to go bungee-jumping.
5. What do you think of when you knit?
Most of the time I think about my home and its surroundings, how and what I would change.
6. What's one thing you would wish to the world?
7. What do you do each day to make yourself happy?
I like to check things off my checklist. When my plans for the day get accomplished, I feel happy.
8. What makes you get out of bed every single morning?
My beloved family.
9. What are you scared of?
10. What's the last thing you gifted to anyone?
I got a Rosary to my godson.
11. Who's your female role model?
There are two of them — my mom and my mother-in-law.
12. What do you love knitting the most?
Stuff for children.
13. What's your earliest memory?
Me and my dad on the Black Sea, picking shells. I must have been around 3 years old.
14. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really. That's a crush, isn't it?
15. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose?
My husband. The two of us haven't had one in ages.
Photos by Berta Tilmantaite.